Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Menu 4/12-4/18

After deleting about 100 messages from my inbox this morning, mopping the foyer (again) to rid the floor of doggie pee (the never ending battle), and digging to the bottom of my desk pile, I found my calendar and realized I didn't post the menu for this week. Geez! It's hard getting organized! Here it is, and yes, I realize we can't live last night (Thank God!), so put Monday's meal somewhere else in your week.

Mon 4/12: Spaghetti. All spaghetti ingredients on sale at Martin's this week

Tue 4/13: Pork BBQ (crockpot). Pork tenderloin and Pork Roast on sale at Martin's for BOGO
this week. BBQ sauce on sale for $1.00 and Maier's rolls are BOGO at Martin's also.

Wed 4/14: French Toast Casserole. Will have to look on myrecipes.com to find the recipe. Hopefully I will remember to post it this time! Pepperidge Farm Swirl Bread is BOGO this week at Martin's (makes it $1.84/loaf!!). This is yummy bread in the casserole!

Thur 4/15: Leftovers (or perhaps the spaghetti from Mon!)

Fri 4/16: White Chicken Chili. You can make this homemade from a recipe, but I prefer the McCormac Seasoning Packets. I will caution you, a whole pack of seasoning makes it pretty spicy. I usually just use a half pack so that the kids will eat it better.

Sat 4/17: Toasted Cheese Sandwiches. Serve with leftover chili.

Sun 4/18: Baked Potato Bar. 5lb bag of potatoes is $2.99 at Martin's, but may be able to get them cheaper at Aldi's or Save-a-lot. I bought a 10lb bag at Aldi's for $2.50 over Easter week (not sure if this was a special or normal price). Steam-ready veggies are $1.00/bag at Martin's if you want to serve broccoli & cheese on top of your potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment