Makes 8 empanadas, great for on-the-go breakfasts
6oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
3/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2/3 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. butter
5 large eggs, beaten
1 17.3 oz can refrigerated jumbo flaky biscuits
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1-2 tsp. sesame seeds (opt)
1. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until blended; stir in cheese.
2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add eggs, and cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are slightly thickened but still moist. (Do not stir constantly) Remove from heat, and let cool.
3. Flatten each biscuit into about a 5 inch circle. Spread cream cheese mixture evely over tops of dough circles, leaving 1/2 inch border around edge. Top evenly with scrambled eggs an bacon.
4. Fold dough circles in half over mixture, pinching edges to seal (I crimp with edge of a fork). Place on a greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Brush tops evenly with egg white, sprinkle with sesame seeds (if desired).
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 14-16 min, or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack. Serve warm.
6. To freeze: cool completely, flash freeze in single layer on cookie sheet in freezer, seal in a ziplock bag.
7. To reheat: wrap individual empanadas in a paper towel. Microwave at 50% power 1-2 min or until heated through.
*Southern Living, 1/03
Angie Gets Organized
This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!
It's not gourmet...just good food!