Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Supreme

Serves 4

4 slices bacon
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I cut into bite-size pieces for faster cooking)
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 10oz can condensed mushroom soup
1/2 c. milk
1 c. shredded Havarti cheese (I substitute cheddar)
1 6oz pkg couscous ( I substitue rice or orzo)

1. In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Add chicken to drippings in skillet; cook 2-3 min on each side.
2. Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook and stir for 4-5 min, until crisp-tender. Add soup and milk; stir to blend. Simmer until chicken is throughly cooked. Chill chicken mixture in refrigerator or ice-water bath. (Do not refrigerate if serving immediately. Add bacon and cheese, cover and cook for 4-5 min till cheese is melted)
3. Crumble bacon and place in zipper-lock bag. Place cheese in zipper-lock bag. Place chilled chicken and sauce in zipper-lock bag. Place all bags inside larger bag; label and freeze. Reserve couscous or rice in pantry.
4. To thaw and reheat: Thaw overnight in fridge. Place chicken mixture in skillet and heat for about 10 min, until hot. Add bacon and cheese to skillet; cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 min, until chicken is thoroughly heated. Serve over hot cooked couscous, rice, or orzo).

*from Meals for a Month (Larsen)

No comments:

Post a Comment