Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Menu 2/20-2/26

Here's the new menu for next week. I've changed the layout of the blog to make it look a little neater, so now you will find the recipes under the recipe tab on the right side of the page. There weren't any "big" sales that jumped out to me this week. If you found any, please share!

2/20 "Souper Saturday": Ham and Bean Soup. Ham Shanks are on sale at the Butcher Shoppe for $1.79/lb
2/21 Steamers (aka Sloppy Joes). Bulk packs of ground beef seem to always be $1.99/lb at Giant. May want to make extra steamers for leftover night, turning it into chili dogs.
2/22 "Happy Birthday, Mary Elise". Make some spaghetti, her favorite meal. DelGrosso's Spaghetti sauce is $1.00/jar at Giant, Barilla pasta (any shape) is $1.00/box at Giant, and salad mix is $0.99/bag (generic) or BOGO (Dole brand) at Giant. Gee, Mary, you're a cheap date!
2/23 Cheesy Chicken Hashbrown Casserole. Can used cooked chicken breast, canned chicken, or leg/thigh meat cooked off the bone (cheapest version).
2/24 Roast Beef, mashed potatoes & gravy. Boneless Chuck Roasts are BOGO at Giant this week. I already checked these out, since sometimes they aren't really a good deal. It seems most of the packages were pretty big roasts costing $10-$12/pkg. But since one is free, it's like getting a roast for $5-$6. Not too bad (around $2.50/lb). And since the roasts are pretty big, it will make extra for leftovers or you could cut the roast in half and freeze some for later.
2/25 Leftovers: plenty of options this week!
2/26 Ham Steaks, fried potatoes. Ham Steaks are also BOGO this week at Giant. I had trouble finding them on my first trip to Giant, so I hope that when I go back they will be better labeled. If not, I might be making leftovers again!

No comments:

Post a Comment