Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Thursday, February 25, 2010

Menu 2/27-3/5

Well, even though our dog ate my original menu, I think I've remembered everything that I was thinking of for this coming week. I reviewed the sales flyers again, and again most of the sales are at Giant. Weis seems to be coming up short these days.

2/27 "Souper Saturday" Italian Meatball Soup. This calls for crushed tomatoes ($1.00/can at Giant), shell pasta (you should be stocked up since there have been pasta sales the last two weeks at Giant), and meatballs (I'll be making my own, but storebought could be substituted for a quicker meal).
2/28 Pork Chops. There are several "bone-in" specials at Giant this week, including BOGO on large family packs. We prefer boneless, but I'm still looking for a better sale on those. We'll just be preparing them "shake-n-bake" style.
3/1 Easy Chicken Parmesan. "Fast Fixin" brand of chicken strips on sale at Giant for $5.99. But I've also noticed that the Giant "Guaranteed Value" brand is $4.99 for chicken patties. We've tried this brand, and actually prefer it to the more expensive brands. Hunt's spaghetti sauce is $1.00/can and Giant brand Shredded Cheese is 4/$6.00 (must buy 4). Pretty cheap meal, especially since you won't need the whole bag of chicken strips or patties.
3/2 Hamburger Skillet. I believe ground chuck is on sale at Henicle's Market ($2.14/lb). Red potatoes are on sale at Giant ($3.49/5lb), but you can most likely get white potatoes cheaper at Henicles, Save-a-Lot, or Aldi's. Again, the cheese is on sale at Giant (4/$6.00).
3/3 Pancakes with sausage or bacon. I'll be making them from scratch, although I believe Giant did have mixes on sale (unsure of price). Bacon is BOGO at Giant ($4.99/pack) but if you want an even cheaper meat alternative, the Brown and Serve sausages are always $0.98/box at Walmart (that's half priced compared to Giant's regular price!).
3/4 Leftovers
3/5 Hot Turkey Sandwiches with fries. Not sure if there is any good turkey on sale, but we like the store-roasted turkey from Butcher Shoppe. Seems the closest to "real" turkey leftovers, instead of just lunch meat. For a cheaper option, you could use the Banquet Turkey slices in the frozen dinner section.

No comments:

Post a Comment