Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Thursday, March 31, 2011

Saucy Italian Orzo

Saucy Italian Orzo (from Simple and Delicious magazine) 6 servings This recipe looks sooo good in the picture! 1 lb. ground beef 1 large onion, chopped (I probably won't use this much) 3 cloves garlic, minced 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic 1 (14 oz) can beef broth 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste 3/4 c. uncooked orzo pasta (this is the little pasta that looks like rice) 1 tsp. Italian seasoning 2 c. fresh baby spinach (I don't think I'll be able to sneak this one past my husband, but I can usually sneak in some minced frozen spinach. I keep a box of it in my freezer, and just slice off some when needed in recipes. He usually just assumes it is parsley, and I don't tell him any different! :) ) 1. Cook the beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat in a large dutch oven. Crumble and cook until no longer pink. Drain grease. 2. Stir in remainder of ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 min. or until orzo is tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment