Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Meatball Pasta Bake

Meatball Pasta Bake
(adapted from a Paula Deen recipe)
*********I love this dish because it is sooo creamy, and doesn't dry out like some other baked pasta dishes************************
for 8x8 baking dish, serving 4-6

12-14 prepared meatballs (more or less, depending on taste)
8 oz small shell pasta (or small pasta of choice), cooked and kept warm
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sour cream
1 jar of prepared spaghetti sauce or homemade
1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese (more if desired!!)
3 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8x8 baking dish. In separate large bowl, combine hot, cooked pasta with cream cheese and sour cream, stirring to melt cheeses.
2. Spoon half of pasta into baking dish. Top with half of meatballs (may want to cut meatballs in half if they are large size meatballs). Spoon half of spaghetti sauce over meatballs. Sprinkle evenly with all of the mozzarella cheese.
3. Repeat pasta, meatballs, and sauce layers. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for 35-40 min or until hot and bubbly.

note: This dish can be made up to 1 day ahead of baking, or it can be prepared and frozen for up to 1 month. Thaw in fridge before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment