Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer blues

Okay, so, although we are having a GREAT summer (doing nothing in particular), we never seem to be able to plan meals for the month! ...hence no menus for the last two months! Between camps and Bible schools, mini "staycations", and yardwork...it just seems impossible to "plan" anthing! Hopefully the other posted menus have given you some inspiration. Now it's time to start looking forward to another school year, which means (hopefully) new menus. For now, I'm going to ease myself into things. I'm posting what we ate for meals this week, hopefully it will give some ideas for the rest of the week or next week. And then, hopefully I'll have a new one each week until September, when I hope to be back into the full swing of things!

What we ate this week:

Chicken Speedies: This is a marinade that you can buy around here and up north ( I think it is actually spelled "spiedies"), but any marinade will do. We marinade the chicken in small chuncks and then grill it "shish-kabob" style. Serve it with rice or noodles and a side salad.
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Muffins: English muffins with all the goods! We needed all that protein to make it through a busy night of Bible School! Serve with fruit and/or hashbrowns.
Hamburger, Macaroni, and Tomato: Just what it is! We like to add a little beef broth and Italian seasonings to ours for more flavor.
Leftovers: Clean out the fridge night. This got us out the door faster for Bible School, and kept us from throwing out good food!
Apricot Chicken: You can find the recipe for this under the chicken tab in the sidebar. It is one of our favorites. Serve with rice (you may want to make extra apricot sauce) and a side veggie.

That's it for this week...I don't even know what I'm having for this weekend yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment