Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Thursday, June 16, 2011

Beef and Potato Hash (crockpot)

I think this recipe could be done on the stove-top as well, but haven't tried it. This recipe comes from the Busy Mom's Slow Cooker cookbook (J. Steinback). All of the recipes in this cookbook (that I have tried) are delicious and are supposed to be low-fat, low-calorie as well!

Beef and Potato Hash



  • 1 lb lean ground beef

  • onion, chopped

  • garlic, minced

  • 3 1/2 c. frozen O'Brien potatoes

  • 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce

  • 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with garlic, oregano, and basil (undrained)

  • 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Drain well. Combine beef, potatoes, and tomato products in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment