Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Friday, November 5, 2010

Creamed Chicken and Biscuits

Creamed Chicken and Biscuits (adapted from a Southern Living recipe)

1/2 c. each diced onion, celery, and sliced mushrooms (I will omit the mushrooms)
1. Saute in a teaspoon of butter or oil until tender. Meanwhile, add 1 bag of frozen peas and carrots to a pot of boiling water (can use mixed veggies, instead, if desired).
1 Can Cream of Chicken soup, 1/2 c. milk, 1/4 tsp. tarragon (I'll use thyme and poulty seasoning, instead)
2. Add to the onion and celery. Mix well, simmer for a few minutes.
1 c. cheddar cheese, 2 1/2 c. cooked chicken (leftovers or rotisserie work well), salt and pepper.
3. Stir into simmering soup mix. Pour into lightly greased casserole dish.
1 can jumbo biscuits
4. Top with biscuits and bake in preheated oven (use temperature on side of biscuit can). Bake until biscuits are done (10-15 min). Biscuits will bake better when starting with hot soup mix (in other words, if making the soup mixture ahead, it should be heated before baking).

No comments:

Post a Comment