Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Two in One Meal: Burritos and Mexican Pizza

Isn't it nice to make two meals with the effort of only one?? This is a great way to reduce your prep time, while still having two home-cooked meals for the week. I make the filling for the burritos, and then use the leftover filling for Mexican Pizza later. If you find you only like the burritos or only like the Pizza, then make the filling, use what you need right now, and freeze the rest for a duplicate meal later. It's a win-win deal! Burritos: I make mine with 1 lb browned, ground beef, 1 can refried beans, and 1 jar salsa. Combine ingredients, add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Place in tortillas and roll up. You can eat immediately, or bake them in a casserole dish with more cheese on top. Save the leftover fillling for Mexican Pizza. Mexican Pizza: use the leftover filling from the burritoes to make a fast pizza. I spread the leftover filling on a store-bought pizza crust (the ones in the can). I top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 20 min (or until crust is starting to brown and cheese is melted). I serve a slice with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment