Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ranch Turkey (Chicken) Pasta Dinner

This is a Taste of Home recipe. It calls for leftover turkey or chicken, so it should be a quick dinner. I'm going to use chicken, but it might be good to keep in mind for leftover turkey since Thanksgiving is coming up.

Ranch Turkey Pasta Dinner

2 1/2 c. uncooked penne pasta
6-8 Tbsp. butter, cubed
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
1 c. frozen peas and carrots, thawed (would be good with broccoli, calliflower, and carrot medley)
3 c. cubed, cooked turkey (or chicken)

1. Cook pasta according to directions, adding the peas and carrots near end of cooking time. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in salad dressing; mix until smooth. Drain pasta and veggies; add to skillet. Stir in meat; cook 3-4 min or until heated through.

4 servings

1 comment:

  1. okay, I'll just say, this was NOT a favorite recipe of mine. It was very salty and oily. I think I would prefer to make it (if I make it again) with just regular old ranch dressing from a bottle. Or, mix the seasoning package with some softened cream cheese (melted onto the pasta) or milk to make a "sauce". Let me know if you try one of these variations. I'd love to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete