Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Baked Salisbury Steak

This is a Taste of Home Recipe that I'm looking forward to trying. It's on the menu for October.

Baked Salisbury Steak

1 c. quick cooking oats
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c. each: chopped green pepper, celery, and onion (I will probably just use onion)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 lbs. ground beef
1 can condensed golden mushroom or cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
3/4 c. water
1/4 tsp. pepper

1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, eggs, green pepper, celery, onion, and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight oval patties. In a large skillet, brown patties on both sides; drain.
2. Place patties in an ungreased 13x9 baking dish. Combine soup, water, and pepper; pour over beef. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min or until the meat is no longer pink.

8 servings.
* This could be frozen after the patties have been browned and combined with the soup. Thaw in fridge overnight and continue with step 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment