Angie Gets Organized

This is why I'm trying to get organized...for my family. I am a strong believer in family meal time, but I know that without a little planning, it will be hard to keep us all together. It will also be easier to spend money foolishly on prepared foods or fast food. I love trying out new recipes, so this is my site to pass on recipes, while also organizing them into a meal plan. I hope it helps you to keep your family together. I would love to hear what others are having for dinner, or see a new recipe or two! Feel free to leave me some feedback in the comments section...at least then I would know someone is reading this!

It's not gourmet...just good food!







Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Menu

I'm running a little late on posting this month's menu...I hope this isn't a sign of the times to come for the rest of the month. And I really have no excuse since this month is a "guest menu" from my cousin! She's been making menues long before I decided to post mine, and she actually inspired me to get my act together for making a menu in the first place! She actually made this menu for November, but I had already posted my November menu. So I decided to make a few changes and make it my December menu. My cousin seems to have a very busy schedule with running her girls here and there for sports and school events, so I thought her menu would work great this month (since we are all running around like maniacs!). She keeps things very simple during the week, but likes to cook bigger meals on the weekends. I hope the menu works for you all, but if it doesn't, just do what I do: make adjustments!! You know what works for your family, what they eat, when you are out, or when you feel like a big home-cooked meal. Re-work the menu items to fit your needs! But definitely get yourself organized in the kitchen with a menu...it will help in the chaos of this season! Thanks, Jen, for the ideas!

Dec 1: Pick an item from last month's menu that you didn't get to make
Dec 2: Steamers, Mac-n-cheese, veggies
Dec 3: Stromboli: I use canned pizza dough layed out flat, filled with pizza sauce, mozzarella, ham, and pepperoni. Roll up, seal edges, and bake according to directions on can.
Dec 4: Leftovers
Dec 5: Roast Chicken, Stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn
Dec 6: Ham Steak, Rice or Fried Potatoes, green beans
Dec 7: Chicken Corn Soup. Use the leftover chicken from Sunday night.
Dec 8: Salisbury Steak. She uses the store-bought Banquet brand, but you could also make hamburger patties and cook them in mushroom soup or brown gravy.
Dec 9: Paninis. Italian Grilled Cheese and Meat sandwich. Works best on thicker bread. If you don't have a panini maker, just make grilled ham and cheese or grilled turkey and cheddar.
Dec 10: Pizza (homemade, frozen, or chefboy R dee)
Dec 11: Leftovers
Dec 12: Country Fried Steak. Can buy the Tyson frozen brand or make your own. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Dec 13: Quickie Chicken Potpie. Chicken, cream of potato soup, veggies, baked with stuffing on top.
Dec 14: Goulash (this was on October's menu, so if you want something a little different you can make hamburger, macaroni, and tomato soup. Just add beef broth to your desired thickness and season with Italian seasoning.)
Dec 15: Shake and Bake Pork chops, boxed Au Gratin potatoes, veggie
Dec 16: Chili
Dec 17: Out
Dec 18: Leftovers
Dec 19: Chicken Casserole. This is a quick casserole that my cousin came up with. She uses tri-colored noodles, cream of celery soup, and diced chicken breasts (cooked). Bake until warm. I think it would be good with some cheddar cheese on top, too.
Dec 20: Hamburger Helper
Dec 21: Fish Sticks and Fries. I won't be making this because I don't make fish, but some of you might.
Dec 22: Tacos
Dec 23: Chicken Patties, tater tots
Dec 24: Christmas Eve get-together/party food (meatballs, finger sandwiches, chips, etc.)
Dec 25: Christmas Dinner at the in-laws
Dec 26: Christmas Leftovers or Hot dogs
Dec 27: Soup and Sandwiches
Dec 28: Beef Stroganoff
Dec 29: Hot Turkey Sandwiches and Gravy Fries
Dec 30: Vegetable Soup
Dec 31: Subs or get-together for party foods

No comments:

Post a Comment